David Barol, MPP, CFP®, CLU®, ChFC®, BFA®
- Masters in Public Policy (MPP), Harvard University.
- Bachelor of Arts, The University of Virginia.
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®).
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®).
- Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®).
- Behavioral Finance Advisor (BFA®).
- Series 7 Registration -- General Securities.
- Series 65 Registration -- Financial Planning.
- Series 53 and Series 24 -- Municipal and General Securities Principal.
- Financial Advisor, Keystone Asset Management Strategies, 1998 to present.
- Associate Region Director, Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company, 2001 to 2008.
- Regional Vice President, ING, 2000 to 2001.
- Financial Adviser, Capital Analysts, 1994 - 1998.
- Financial Adviser for Public Markets, Fairmount Capital Advisors, 1992-1994.
- Economic Consultant, Gellman Research Associates, 1984-1992.
Engaging experiences worth discussing over a cup of coffee:
- Worked with Hong Kong, China, and Great Britain to help them determine how much to spend on the new airport, the largest infrastructure project in the history of the world (up to then.)
- Wrote the War Risk aviation insurance policy for the US after Sadaam started the Gulf War.
- Helped Philadelphia deal with its management crisis at the port.
- Ran for the state legislature - twice
- Helped FedEX negotiate Fifth Freedom rights after it bought Flying Tigers.
- Used TQM to analyze air traffic safety.
- Helped the MBTA predict bus breakdowns in Boston.
- Helped New York City allocate sanitation enforcement personnel.
- Created a virtual model of using helicopter-based sonar systems for charting inland waterways.
- Wrote “The Development of Egyptian Nationalism,” which predicted the outcome of the Camp David accords. (Successfully)
Click here to find out How I Got Into This